Sunday, August 23, 2020

Crash Bandicoot 4 will be a big hit! How well will it do?

Word is that "Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time" may be the most successful video game of the year. We'll see! Meanwhile... 

A producer from Toys For Bob which is the studio producing the upcoming Crash 4 narrates this video where the nature and details of the game are described. This video is published by PlayStation on YouTube from Aug 6. It's had nearly 1.4 million views since. 

Besides Crash and Neo Cortex which I worked to create with Joe Pearson following his lead the other characters in the video I originally designed include Coco Bandicoot, Aku Aku, N Tropy, N Gin, and Dingodile.

The production quality of the game is outstanding as can clearly be seen in the video. Release date is October 2 2020.

9 comments:

Hazman said...

Hey Charles! The is looking good, you should see the redraw from a scene I did from it. https://twitter.com/HazBlackslick/status/1294953443686141954

Nicholas Bayless said...

The animation looks good, but the original concept art looked better for Toys For Bob to use in my opinion.

Charles Z said...

Nice work Hazman! Thank you for taking the time to draw these characters.

Nicholas Bayless if the studio sought my input the characters in these games would come out better. I see lots of things here and there that would improve their appearance. Anyway they still did a great job. Obviously some very talented artists involved with this.

Hazman said...

@Charles Zembillas
Thanks! N. Tropy was quite tricky to draw, with the final drawings of his face only forwards and big body gear but I think it came out all right. I'm already working on another redraw.

gaetano said...

hi Mr. Zembillas, could you explain to us what you would have changed to the design of this Crash 4?

Nicholas Bayless said...

here is a sketch I redid, because the first one looked bit weird to me. https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-WMvV6BT0cl0/X1hOpSs6bvI/AAAAAAAAAR0/SxQjTR_MM_UNnV0ZLVsrntLl-oqaUoEMACLcBGAsYHQ/s2048/Crash%2Band%2BCoco%2BBandicoot%2BEdit.jpg

Charles Z said...

Hazman - N Tropy is a difficult to replicate. You did a good job on a challenging character.

Gaetano - I'm trying to make time to do this. I'm doing more research into how the characters look and animate etc along with how their personalities are portrayed. When I have a more complete profile of the characters in Crash 4 I'll follow up with my observations.

Nicholas you did a nice job portraying Crash and Coco. It's always interesting to see how other artists handle the characters. Thanks for showing your work.

Araceli "Kahn" Pereira said...

Hi Zembillas!
Personally I'm still fan of classic designs, but I was so happy to see that they added a classic skin for Crash! They still did a great job, as you said.

I hope you're fine! ^^

Charles Z said...

Hi Araceli! I'm fine thanks. Hope you're doing okay! I would've made some different design decisions if I worked on the game. Even with that The game is still a great masterpiece. The production team did a fantastic and monumental job. It goes without saying it'll be a top seller.