Sunday, November 04, 2018

Playing with Cleopatra

Hello there beautiful people! I'm still kickin' it here on this blog. At my school I encourage students to commit to a concept and develop it as if we were going into production. I like to get in on the fun as well when the opportunity presents itself. So this time I chose Cleopatra as the subject of design exploration and had a chance to come up with a few variations in blue pencil. These were done a few days ago. Hope you enjoy the designs.




9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great designs as always, I especially love how imposing she looks in the third picture. It's incredible how a sigle sketch of a character can tell the viewer about the personality of the character itself.

Charles Z said...

Thanks Gabriele. I use that angle in the character development process. Look for the soul and spirit of the character as well as exploring an appealing design.

Das Iris said...

hello! How can I get in touch with you?

Charles Z said...

Hello Das Iris. Go to TheAnimationAcademy.com and click on the contact tab. If you send an email I'll get it.

ROCKYRALLYXD397 said...

Hi Charles are you going to be at any conventions next year I would like to meet you and get your autograph?

Linttastic said...

awesome!!! Glad to see you still active heh. Great stuff!!

Charles Z said...

Thank you Linttastic. I try to draw and stay creative as much as possible.

To Unknown - This past year I was invited to participate in a convention in LA. It was the Power Con which is dedicated to the He-Man and She-Ra franchises of which I played a role in developing for the original TV series. Besides that I haven't any cons or expos in a long time. Unless I'm invited to be a part I usually avoid the crowds.

Nitwit said...

She looks so cute. Simple but good.

Charles Z said...

Thanks NW. Appreciate your positive comments.