Hi there folks! It's been a couple of days since I've posted an entry. Been very preoccupied mostly with completing art for my next major project. It's like the end of a marathon or more like a triathlon. There's a large amount of work to complete but I'm getting very close to the finish line with what I have to do in order to launch it.
Meanwhile here's a look back at something I created in 1997 as a class demonstration. I was teaching at a school called Associates In Art which is no longer around but was really happening at the time in the middle of the animation boom of the 1990s. I painted this in acrylics for Visual Development. I used an unusual method in my approach. I mixed all the colors on my palette together to get a primordial mud which at first seemed impossible to work with. As I started to paint I began to extract more and more the colors that I needed until I wound up with what you see here. Surprised my students with the result. A successful demo in understanding color relationships.