Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Another Mona Lisa

Hi everyone. It's been very busy lately and although I intend to update my blog daily sometimes with so many things going I fall a little behind. Let's get back on track.

You may recall back on January 5 of  this year my entry was a Photoshop illustration of a woman based upon a popular song from 1950 by Nat King Cole called Mona Lisa. I created a few different images along that theme. This is another version from that time in my early days of learning and experimenting with Photoshop. I scanned a blue pencil drawing and used it as a base for a color illustration. I stayed within one local color and played upon the value or tonal relationships to get the desired atmospheric affect. An easy and efficient method for moving into color if you're not sure what to do or how to proceed.

No comments: