Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Early demo from 1996

Over the years I taught at different places now and then before I got into it heavy in 1996 at a friend's school called Associates In Art which is no longer around. I started with a Visual Development class and as this was at the peak of the great animation boom of the 90s a lot of people were enrolled at this place. My class had almost 40 people in it and I developed a reputation as to pulling off demonstrations in front of large groups. I had fun doing this and among the very first demos from this phase was this girl.

Inspired somewhat by Disney's Pocahontas since it was happening at that time. Watercolors over a pencil sketch. Students really enjoyed this as I recall. We had a good time. 

2 comments:

Evelar said...

Beautiful. Everything on it is perfect to me. Thanks for sharing, sir.

Charles Z said...

Thanks for your comments Emerson.