Sunday, March 31, 2013

Muscle man practice

I wound up the week by drawing some male figure characters consistent with what is taught in advanced Character Design at my school. The class is called Character Design 2 and involves developing characters based upon the proportions of the human body as one would do for action adventure cartoons or live action.

I thought I'd practice on my ability to do the same as well as come up with new content to help encourage our students. I went in a direction of a cyber type of character without getting too caught up in anything other than a focus on the anatomy. This is going backwards from the most recent version to my first attempt. I tried to exaggerate as I progressed. This is only a start as I intend to do more experimentation with.the subject. Meanwhile I hope you enjoy these sketches and learn from them if you're working on your art. This first image was too big for a single sheet of 12 field animation paper so I taped a second sheet to the bottom and finished by drawing the rest of his legs.



4 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice designs Charles! Reminds me a lot like RoboCop!

Also, I just want to wish you and your family a happy and safe Easter!!! Enjoy it while you can!!!

Charles Z said...

Thanks Pat. Easter was nice and I hope you had a good time as well. There is a Robocop feel to the character. That's something I'll have to work around next time I pick up the character.

Romney Vasquez said...

Brilliant again, Charles. Love how you pushed the proportions of the body to make it more imposing

Charles Z said...

Thanks Romney.