Friday, October 04, 2013

Werewolves !

I like to draw werewolves. I don't draw them enough and when it's October I get into a howlin' spirit for sketching them. So that's what I did yesterday in class.

This was my first one of the sitting. More of a traditional wolfman I'd say. Started with blue pencil and finished off with black line...


Then I thought of drawing him in a more graphic style with illustrated texture...


Next I attempted to explore possible body types for our wolfman creature...



Then I remembered that I came up with a werewolf last year while drawing with students in class...


And I also remembered a werewolf drawing I did way back in 1983 while working on the original He-Man series. I shared an office with Bruce Timm who went on to great fame with the Warner Bros Batman and Superman animated series. He was a really inspirational artist and I was motivated to do this. I drew it in a sketch book and the border of the page kept me from fully describing the back leg..

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome work Charles! I really like the muscle tone on the 1983 piece.

SimplyMark said...

I remember you doing that fella from last year, it seems worthy of a clean-up and line art to me)

Charles Z said...

Thanks guys. Glad you enjoy the drawings.