Friday, October 25, 2013

'Wish Kid' dinosaur - 1991

Maybe some of you who grew up watching Saturday morning cartoons on TV in the US during the early 1990s will remember a show called "Wish Kid". It was produced by DIC Entertainment in 1991 and broadcast on NBC.The series was about a boy who found an enchanted baseball glove and if he hit the pocket of the mitt three times with his fist and made a wish it would come true. The central character was voiced by Macaulay Culkin who was famous for starring in the movie "Home Alone".

In one episode of the show he wished for a dinosaur and a baby one that hatched from an egg as I recall. Here's some of the models I created back then of the baby dino. The first drawing is the initial concept sketch followed by key poses as sequential reference for a jump.






3 comments:

Unknown said...

I like the Looseness of these sketches, at the same time the proportions are dead on. makes for a fun, free, and spirited character.

Anonymous said...

Wow, I wasn't even born when this came out. Amazing dinosaur, I love it.

Charles Z said...

The series wasn't much of a creative challenge guys. I was suppressed by my supervisors who were committed to mediocrity. Every once in a while I was able to get something halfway decent past them and in this case I was able to give the animators some additional reference for this particular character.