Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Crash Nitro Kart - Road to Velo - part 8

Here's the last entry in the series of design work involving the development of Emperor Velo from Crash Nitro Kart in 2002. If you're familiar with the character and the game then you know that the Velo you were seeing was not the real Velo. It was a mechanical version of this fellow. A weak little megalomaniac creature who needed a robotic illusion to control his minions. This is the original concept sketch followed by his rotation.




5 comments:

Unknown said...

It's also worth noticing that the civilians in the Citadel shared the same design as the puny Velo.

Like the rotation Charles!

Charles Z said...

There were many concept designs for the alien civilians. I'll be posting them too down the line.

Unknown said...

I wanted to ask, i'm not sure if my last comment went through, but I was wanting to ask you if you have any concepts of Norm from CNK. He's my favorite racer and character in that game besides Crunch! either character's concepts would be awesome to see!

Charles Z said...

Hi Katy. Yes I have concept sketches of Norm. I'll dig them up in the near future and post them for you.

Unknown said...

thank you so much, sir! i appreciate it. i'm super super excited!