Sunday, December 29, 2013

Marker board notes - 2013

Periodically I take photos of some of the marker board notes I make in class from my lectures in Character Design 1at my school The Animation Academy in Burbank California. Last year in December 2012 I posted some pictures in a blog entry. This year I thought I'd do the same thing from a few notes ranging through 2013.
 
Here's what I've learned while reviewing my notations. I like to use the image of a teddy bear to get basic concepts across. I place an emphasis on the importance of drawings hands convincingly. Sometimes I'll write down things that have something and nothing to do with the subject at hand.
 
Maybe some artists out there might pick something up of benefit from these notes. It was a good year at my school and I had enjoyed teaching some talented individuals who were a lot of fun to be around.
 

 

 




2 comments:

Unknown said...

Very nice Charles, hope you don't mind me saving these to study and analyze.

:)

Charles Z said...

By all means Mike. That's why they're posted. If the images can help you improve then it's worth sharing.