Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Meanwhile...

Hello there everybody and thanks for sticking around. It's great to be back. My blog's been getting steady visits even though I haven't posted an entry in more than a month since February 7. I appreciate the continued attention. At that time I was called on a personal mission / adventure. One which I wanted to do. I was away for more than two weeks. Since my return I've been trying to catch up on the back log of biz matters along with managing my school and immersed in creating the final content for the special project I've been telling you about.

I'm very happy to report that as of yesterday on Monday afternoon March 10 at around 1:30 I completed the last drawing for this particular body of work. It's still not finished as I must go through the process of line cleanup and colorization on this latest material. But the content is there. The creative goal for this specific aspect of the project has been reached and now I can make plans to publish with confidence.

I'll be back soon with more info. Right now I need a little time before I go into an intense creation mode to see this through to finality. When I do follow up I'll likely be announcing a launch date and share some of my plans for how I'll be going about publication.

In the meantime, I did have an opportunity to draw something else besides what I've been working on. This is a sketch from last week for a student upon request. She's a Spyro fan and asked if I would draw a few dragons concepts. So I came up with these. Hope you'll enjoy them as it was a fun break from my main focus for the past few months.

Thanks again for hanging out! Back soon. Cheers!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see that you're back and that your project is going well, I really want to know what it is about.

Matt said...

Have you thought about making a Twitter account to increase traffic to your blog? Would be a great way for fans to interact with you and to advertise the academy! Although you may be flooded with Crash, Spyro and Jak questions!

You would easily reach 10k followers!

Charles Z said...

Hey there Gabriele and Matt. I have a couple of Twitter accounts. One for my school and the other for my other site AnimationNation but never really got into it. Time is always a factor and I couldn't get around to developing that aspect of social media.

I plan on utilizing Twitter for my project. Maybe that'll expand into my other accounts.