Sunday, January 05, 2020

20 Years to the Day - The Beginning of Jak and Daxter

A few days ago I realized something. That in early January 2000 I signed the contract to begin work on a project that would become Jak and Daxter. I searched my files and found the contract. The date was January 5.

So this is it friends! It was 20 years ago on this day I signed the deal to get started on "Project Y". The rest as they say is video game history. This is a graphic I created in honor of the occasion. I plan on featuring a lot of the unseen art throughout the year.


5 comments:

X said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kaiser Allen said...

I'm playing the first game on the PS3 right now. I'll be playing the remaining games once I get all the trophies. It's so fun. It's also my first time experiencing them.

Here's hoping Activision hires you when designing future "Crash Bandicoot" and "Spyro the Dragon" characters.

Charles Z said...

Hello Unknown and thank you! Activision won't hire me but that's okay. There's a lot of very talented artists who can do a great job with characters.

DarkEcoDemon said...

Hi Charles, are you still planning on showing any of the unseen Jak and Daxter art this year? I’m looking forward to seeing what you have in store for us :)

Charles Z said...

Hello DarkEcoDemon. Covid threw everything off. I still plan on doing this but can't say when. I have a huge amount of unseen art from many projects. Will feature it all eventually. Thanks for checking in!