Wednesday, August 22, 2018

I'll be at Power-Con in LA Aug 26 2018

Hey there everyone how are you? Hope you're doing well. It's been a while since I posted. I haven't had the blog or you great people out of mind. Just been super busy with my school and life in general. I'm at capacity with my onsite classes in Burbank and have had to turn away students because of seating limitations. Probably going to have to add a new session during the week to absorb the demand. Also my online classes are maxed out. Don't know why I'm getting all this extra activity. Sure is keeping me on my toes. 

In any case I'd like to let you know that I'll be at the Power-Con in Los Angeles this coming Sunday August 26. I'm participating in a panel in the morning. It's called "Creating the Design and Animation of Filmation He-Man". It'll run from 11:30 am to 12:30 pm.

 Power-Con 2018 LA

The Power-Con will be taking place at the Torrance Marriott Redondo Beach Hotel. The event is the annual gathering of the communities involved with the He-Man and She-Ra and Thundercats and BraveStarr animated cartoons from the 1980's. It's been going on for many years and keeps getting bigger.

I have a large collection of never before seen art I did from He-Man and She-Ra and BraveStarr. I'll be bringing in some of this work to show along with sharing my experiences and recollections of the time I was at Filmation working on these productions. I'm the last living artist who was on the original He-Man design development team. Looking forward to participating and meeting new people and seeing long time friends.

I have a lot going on that I'll be following up with soon once I get a window to post stuff. Shouldn't be too long as things tend to wind down once summer is over. 

Wishing you happiness and joy and all that fun stuff. And as always thanks for checking in!  

No comments: