Thursday, September 13, 2018

Spyro 20th Anniversary compilation animated tribute

Hello there you fantastic people! Thank you again for frequenting my blog. I'd like to share something very special with you as this week marks the 20th anniversary of the release of the first Spyro the Dragon game on PlayStation way way back in 1997. 

This has been featured on YouTube on September 9 in honor of the occasion. It's a compilation of fan created animation for Spyro created specifically for the 20th anniversary event. It's really amazing to see the variety of work and all the interpretations of the character.  Wow! I'm at a loss for words as to how terrific it is!

Anyway enjoy the video and here's to the next 20 years of Spyro!

4 comments:

Hazman said...

Hey Charles! Pretty cool video. 20 years of Spyro, It's cool that another popular franchise is returning. Truth be I've never been interested in Spyro as much as Crash. But looking a the remaster I'm actually quite interested which I'm not sure you've been noticing the game lately. btw I also saw in the He-Man documentary, It was interesting seeing you and showing the drawings you did for the show. Hope to see some Crash drawings again soon.

Charles Z said...

Hey there Hazman! Spyro has a big following. Surprises me how popular the character is. The He-Man doc is on Netflix. People have been telling me about it. I've been doing some new Crash drawings lately. Will follow up soon.

Anonymous said...

It's so nice to see several artists get together to do something like this, you can really see the passion that went in each frame. And I didn't know Spyro was so popular, I mean I know he is very popular but not like this!

Charles Z said...

Hey Gabriele! Spyro is very popular.